Friday, January 19, 2007

More on last weekend

Sigh so the lil kid from yesterday died, the sad thing is that after a while in medicine, you see a number of deaths, you sort of become desensitized to it all. You see the parents screaming and wailing as you tell them the sad news, and see the pain in their eyes, but you cant feel the pain. 2secs later, you are eating your sandwich, and 2hrs later you're grateful to go home, so you can soak your feet and rest, maybe pop in a movie, and get comfy. Basically life continues...


Sorry had to digress but back to last weekend

Basically we stole the spotlight at the party. I mean not tooting my own horn but I'm a bad dancer, as in I won all the talent competitions from elementary schl till college, I was in all the dance groups, I can hold it down! So DJ starts playing this hiphop-dancehall mix, and I was windng, and making things move in directions that even surprised me. It was one of those where the fellas figured no point even stepping up, so they just observed from afar, well all except Emeka. I guess he felt like he had a thing to prove, so basically we had a dance off, and home boy can dance ooooo! After almost an hr of this, we were tired, and him and I decided to go chill in one of the booths and have a sip of bubbly. By 3am, I was so comfortable with him that I was actually ok with him holding my hand, and me leaning on his shoulder. He wanted to know if "he turned out to be everything I thought he would be", I told him, he was "kinda alright, not bad", to which we both laughed. I was being rather vague and flirty and loved the effect I had on him :) By the time my girls were ready to go, they had to literally drag me into the car because Emeka and I were saying our goodbyes outside for 30mins, the whole time he had me in an embrace. His eyes are the piercing kind, I felt uncomfortable with him being that close to me, and just talkin to me, it seemed like his eyes were inquiring into my soul, trying to take it all in, it was crazy. The whole time I was thinking "just kiss me, this is torture", but instead I just smiled, and gave 1 word answers to his many questions. My silly girls decided to honk the horn real loud, at which point he gave me a tight hug, and a big fat one on the lips. He told me to call him once we got back to the house which was a 30mins drive. I did, only to spend another hr on the phone, and we only got off because he had to be back in the hospital in 3hrs and needed to take a quick nap. I told him he was silly for letting me cut into his sleeping time since he had planned earlier on leaving the party early. He told me he had a wonderful time, and that he had to see me again.

So that was it, didnt see him Sunday since he was working, and havent talked to him much this week since we've both been extremely busy with work, and our wierd schedules. He left me a voicemail yesterday saying he really wanted to talk to me, and I plan on calling him tonight when I get off. I ran into Dr O in the hospital caf this morning, and he smiled and said, it sounds like i've a busy life, as I had been super incognito, and that maybe we can catch up soon. I told him yeah, stuff had been coming up, and that he knows my digits, so he can hit me up, I've Sunday off.

So thats where I am right now. Almost a week later, and I'm still basically trying to quench the fire Emeka lit last Sat! What do I say when I call? I must say the chemistry we had was insane, and he's such an eloquent handsome nerd, I like that!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok so I am the first to read your update...more grease to my elbow abi...LOL....sori to hear about the kid that died...but oh girl, you are living the life o...pls when you call him, let him know you had a BLAST with him and that u wld love a continuation...don't think there's anything wrong with you lettinghim know that you dig him even though from what you ahve said so far, I thk he already knows..lol...anyways, keep on living the life and update us as new things develop...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

so is emekos ur type. What is it u like about him and vice versa. Do you think he's the kinda guy you would like to date - is he worth getting to know?? what about Dr. O. How do u still fee about him. If he came all collected and serious where does emikos stand. Is emikos the kinda guy u would like to be great frinds with.

I know Im asking too many questions, but I think its time now to know if u would like to get to know emikos more..hehe.

Have a good weekend.

Doc A said...

kai life is a stranger, those are some good questions!
I just feel Dr O isnt coming correct and I was giving him the green light but he sturned the switch and now wants me to pursue him.
I would like to explore things with Emeka and see what is there, I know we still need to spend time together and really get to know one another. I've not really thought much about Dr O since he came in the pic like 3 weeks or so ago.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

good - so that means u wont be feeling so bad as u re getting to know emikos. I hope it works. I guess as u guys are building friendship, it means that u guys will have to investing in travelling to and from each others places, as u get to know each.

Keep us updated on the currents.

Ms zee said...

Are we feeling Emeka now?? Dr O nko?? My mum is reading your blog (please dont roll your eyes) mum is not your regular "Nija mum"; she wishes you luck and she has refused to share dating tips, she wants us to make mistakes and learn from them..

chainreader said...

hot, hot, hot!

Unknown said...

just found ur blog today....from ur comment on adaure's blog..
i am 30 ...med student[ final year] ...so i can really relate....i have met some naija single doctors......the good, the bad and the ugly..lol
wishing u the best ....
deka

Anonymous said...

awwwwww.. that's soo cuteeeeeee.. I definitely like the sound of Emeka.. oh my gosh a cute guy who can dance?!?!?! SIGN ME UP! I'm happy you had such a great time... here's to you and Dr. Emeka! Cheers darling

lol... aww zee's mom is so cute reading your blog and all...

Naijadude said...

That sound pretty good and I am happy for you!

Ajike said...

you wrote this post very well.... i was so engrossed... i hope emeka is a good guy for you oh.... And wassup with Dr O....