Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Patience is a good thing

That I'm finally learning especially when dealing with men. Dr O called 3x my caller id shows, and left one looong message. Dude will have to come harder than that, I might return the call tomorrow depending on my mood.
So I called Emeka last night, didnt want to, didnt want to show any desperado moves abi my naija sistas. I ended up leaving a voicemail saying I was just calling to say hello, call me whenever. Then I start thinking wait, wasnt I the one who called him 2 nights ago, lol who's keeping track, prob not him, but can you blame me, I am feMALE after all! Within 5mins, my silly behind had decided that ok maybe he's asleep, but if he doesnt all me tomorrow, he can kiss us meeting up this weekend goodbye! Basically all it took was 5mins for me to crucify him, and all it took was an hr for him to call me back! I should have known he was out watching the football championship game, as my silly behind had it on when I called! Another big no no, females dont call a guy, especially when sporting events are on! I must say though a smile crept on my face, as he explained himself, dont you just love that, a guy who does that when he doesnt have to, if all men were like that life would be wonderful! Another plus, he called back late even though I knew surgery rounds in the hospital was 5hrs later, but he obviously thought my call was SO important that he could sacrifice time (albeit 4mins lol) instead of waiting till the next day! Mind you if he's doing this now and he hasnt met me. after I lay my charm down this weekend, I feel sorry for the bobo o!

Infact ladies I have to do a men 101, and list what has worked for me recently. Folks think the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach and food is good, but that isnt only it. Sure you are thinking open close for bedroom, but even that one sef go expire eventually abi? On a serious tip, I'm just saying personality goes a long way. Take for example the tone of your voice: never sound mad, even when you are unless its MAJOR kata kata. No man wants an environment wey go dey do am like Biafra war. Even if your akara is the best in town, if he knows he has to fight to get it, he'll stick to hamburger. If you create a place of peace and serenity, he'll keep coming back. Us women we like to open mouth too much sometimes sha, its ok to gossip with your girls, or say your problems, but remember men are "problem solvers". Dont always tell your man your problem because he'll try to solve it, you'll get mad at his suggestion, and he in turn will be mad that you arent taking his advice, and then right there wahala starts. Women on the other hand, we tell our friends stuff, and get the "eeyah" "ewooo, sorry"and "God dey" that we really want to hear. Realize men arent like that.

Also it amazes me how many Naija women are quick to ask the guy they are dating "how far" after 1 or 2 dates. Making everything seem like a business negotiation, no be like dat at all. You've to learn how to keep a happy, cheerful spirit, sound like an "air head" if you must, better than for him to feel like SSS is interrogating him. Instead of a "I've been trying to reach you, is it now that you are returning my call", give a "heey whats up! how you been, guess what I did today". It shows him that you have a life outside of him, and arent jumping every sec your phone rings, which we both know you are! Dont be as generous with your compliments especially in the initial stages, because he tells you that you are beautiful, doesnt mean you have to let him know he's handsome. Just throw a cute smile, and say thanks, and carry on. Have him fish deep in the Niger to try to figure out what he'll have to say to get you going. Every now and then say "oh you are such great guy" or "someone who makes plans and follows through, I like that" in response to some big plan he's talking about (shey u know naija men always have some big business plan or another, of course we are hoping its not odu related). Compliment him on the taste of his watch or his shoes or his gadgets. He'll think I think she kinda likes me, but isnt quite sure the extent of the like.

Sha more to come on this, remember this is for younger professional en, not Okonkwo the village headmaster, that one all you've to do is pound yam and correct vegetable, and say some "dahhlang" and "sweeerie", and he'll be in heaven. After this weekend, I'll post "how to woo a man in 1 weekend by just being "a lady" without serving cookies and milk!" lol but dis one na serious talk!
countdown till fri, Emeka isnt ready for the GREAt mess he's about to put himself in just yet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm this is getting good..lol

can't wait to see what happens when you meet this Emeka man.

Beautifully Human said...

nne, abeg take it easy on Emeka o! lol.
looking 4ward to reading more tips from you.

chainreader said...

great insight. you are obviously good at this!

Daddy's Girl said...

I love the way you write.. and thanks for the advice!!

Anonymous said...

lmao.. this is fantastic... i love your style.. and yes... great insight.. the suggestions are so on point!