Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Just my luck!

Here I was all excited to talk about my date with Dr O, till a little incident happened last night while at work!! Of course lil fine man had to have a lil drama attached to his name, after all no be man again? lol Ok so its old news that nurses are overworked, understaffed and ready to snap, its also old news that most of the time, a lot of us have to beg to get them to attend to our patients. Plus I'm not a hot MALE Dr, it seems they keep running after their tails around here, maybe its the power, prestige and $$ factor. Fine and all, so there is this Naija female nurse on my floor, young female, she's prob 27max or something close. You know the typical light skinned Igbo chic, infact lets call her Nkiruka or Nikiru as she goes by here. Here I was thinking we could be "friends" as per the whole "my sista" Naija factor, so I would go out of my way to be nice and all that. In the past 3 weeks, na so this Nikiru has been doing one kind, I think I even caught her "eyeing" me sef last week. No qualms, you cant make everyone like you, but haba now! Ok I finally got the gist of the whole story last night! You see me and Kendra (another nurse) were having a lil woman-to-woman talk aka gossip last night, and basically Nikiru don open leg for Dr O before! Yup they have slept together in the past, basically she had fallen for him in the past, and he wasnt interested Eventually he took advantage of her for a few months, and had been avoiding her for the last few months, before I came in the picture. Now she has labeled me a "man snatcher". Kai, a whole me o! As if na me send am to dey dash milk anyhow!

I cant hate on Dr O, this happened before I came into the picture, but I will have to watch him from a distance, and I will have to be careful of this Nikiru chic, cause me I no like wahala at all. Momsie always says that men are wahala, and if you can deal with it, much props to you. I think I can handle this one, its not major drama afterall. Dr O and I havent got into the stage of really discussing old relationships in detail just yet, especially since I dont feel like teling him about Kunle, Raj, Emeka especially. Its much too fresh for that, besides that date was truly exceptional for a 1st date, and I'm seriously feeling the bobo now o. Plus its Dec, we're both here working for Christmas, and snow is in the forecast :) I'll talk about my romantic date in my next post!!


How much of a person's past do u consider when getting into something new. If the person cheated b4, and is now supposedly a new person, should that be an issue? how much should u tell about your exes to your new "potential"??

4 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

that sounds just like grays anatomy!!! LOL

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

nothing yet - until you figure out the kinda person he is. Some might give the impression they can handle news, but when they hear the news aka (exs) they run so quickly u wount see whats chasing them. My advice try and figure out the kinda guy he is. Especially with all this nkiru chick on the scene. She thought she has igbo man to take home to papa and mama, the man didnt agree. OOh well. Keep your ears on the floor and listen well. Try and find out for yourself.

NaijaBloke said...

How cum am just discovering ur blog ..

Nice blog ..like confusednaijagirl said ..seems like a rerun of grey's anatomy ..LOL

Nice to know someone still believes in us (Naijamen) ..LOL

U have a nice Xmas

Beautifully Human said...

I dont think you should judge him on his past; like TLOASCM said, play it by ear and try and get to know him for who he really is then make up your own mind.
hope your date was fun sha!