Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Naija man

Ok like any other naija woman (over the age of 20! lol), I'm confronted daily with the "have you found a man?" questions by friends, family, wellwishers AND haters :) So here I am 30, a doctor, and so you can imagine just how hard it is. I was in a long term relationship in college, and medical school never left me with any time to date. When I did go on date, I met a lot of crazy guys, and insecure ones, there were some nice ones, but they were much too nice, its no fun dating a guy who even thinks your farts are a gift from God...lets get real!

Now dont get me wrong, I dont want to get married today or tomorrow, but I want to be in a good relationship with a nice guy, who makes me all giggly, and who truly loves and respects me.

A few weeks ago, I realized that there were a good number of YOUNG, good-looking black men in my hospital. Dont ask me how, this building is 15floors, and they have all been hiding out in Surgery!! Now imagine my delight when I smiled at the cutie among them, with my teeth looking like I should be a Colgate brand! Imagine my surprise when I looked at his badge and it said "Obiora O" Naija man ooooo, plus he's Igbo oo, my parents will be so proud!!! especially after Ghanaian Kwaku I brought to dinner last time LOL So here I am, with her heart skipping a beat, trying to keep my composure with Dr O, as he extends a hand and a smile, and introduces himself. I thank God that I actually did something with my hair today, I was looking on point, and I know he noticed! Come to find out, he had gone to college with a couple of Nigerian friends of mine, and you know I used that to my advantage! A couple of phone calls later to them, and I got all the scoop i needed. I went from red to yellow to green light and now you can say yours truly and Dr O are "dating", "talking" or whatever. He's actually a nice guy, and his voice makes great bedtime talk, and its been exciting catching steal glances at me walking down the hallway, especially when those darn nurses keep starring...If only they knew! I'm still waiting for a bombshell though, for him to mention a child he had with some baby mama, or some ex drama. My naija sistahs scare me, and I no want wahala o. Its good to know say he has papers too, so no be say he wan use me becos of pali :)

So we'll see about Dr O...right now a sister is on call, and my little patients need to be checked.

2 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

wow - first of all I would like to welcome you to blogville - Its been interesting reading your posts LOL. So Dr. O and you have started dating - nice - so what other info do you have concerning this guy - you sort of have the upper advantage - you're waiting on a bombshell - I guess it wont be so bad when he tells you cause you already know LOL.

Well its been nice visitng. Enjoyed your post.

Anonymous said...

lmao@farts being a gift of God.. ewwww(no wonder i quit farting 3 months ago... and plz don't try to tell me the medical ramifications of kini kon kini kon.. lol)lmao.. babe you're too funny oh.. Dr. O sounds intriguing.. but babe you no tell us whether him fine or not... but from the sound of him.. I LIKE!!!